Hennepin County Medical Center
Works in a physician dyad to accomplish these key functions:
1. Develops long-range, strategic, and operational plans of the designated clinical program areas to ensure that patient care, programs and operational objectives of HCMC are being achieved. Integrate the vision, mission, and strategic plan of the designated clinical program area.
2. Responsible for the operation and integration of clinical and business resources and needs within areas of accountability and for the measurement, assessment and continuous improvement of its services, productivity, quality and/or financial performance and supply chain management.
3. Collaboratively establishes success indicators for the program and clinical areas that include clinical, functional and financial outcomes, patient and staff satisfaction, and measure performance against those indicators using a dashboard.
4. Responsible for management of patient care process for clinical and program areas. Promotes efficient organization of work to be done by determining the right level, skill mix and number of employees; ensures workforce is trained to competently perform the work required. Actively works with non-physician staff to ensure accountability for individual performance and clinical unit outcomes. Responsible for all human resources management for areas of accountability.
5. Establishes an environment that promotes teamwork within and across clinical areas and hospital, identifies team and individual developmental opportunities, encourages individual contributions to overall team effectiveness. Provides clear expectations and standards of accountability to ensure consistency with the organizational mission and vision as well as professional practice guidelines of staff.
6. Role models professional and organizational commitment and excellence. Demonstrates a clear understanding of culture change and serves as a catalyst for change and continuous improvement.
7. Clearly articulates and communicates the vision, mission, and values of HCMC in all communications. Maintains open communication lines in the flow of information to assure effectiveness in carrying out operations.
8. Responsible for the preparation, review, and management of the clinical/program budget to meet or exceed budgetary expectations.
9. Establishes and maintains systems to ensure compliance with all regulatory standards.
10. Represents the program areas on internal external committee and project responsibilities and other assignments as deemed appropriate by the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) and Chief Clinical Officer (CCO).
11. Creates a caring and healing culture that fosters positive, effective nurse-patient relationships and positive, collaborative interdisciplinary relationships.
12. Supports the development of Centered Around You and works to create and sustain a culture that supports it.
13. Develops leadership behaviors that support the staff to take responsibility, authority and accountability for decision making for patient care.
14. Creates an environment of hope and creativity.
15. Monitors and ensures that staff understand and comply with organizational standards, policies, procedures, and regulations.
16. Performs other assignments as deemed appropriate.
Master's degree in Nursing, Public Health, Hospital Administration, Business or related field required AND five years of clinical and management experience in nursing or a related area.
Must possess a valid RN license issued by the State of MN.
--Progressively responsible leadership experience (ideally Director level) in Behavioral Health strongly preferred.