Hennepin County Medical Center
1. Performs a variety of routine tasks related to general revenue cycle operations.
2. Assists with information gathering and retrieval using in-person, telephone, and computer based
3. Verifies information for accuracy including patient demographic, insurance benefits, payor coverages
and related information etc.
4. May perform tasks via a work queue.
5. Performs tasks in accordance with established work standards for department.
6. May update and maintain patient/provider/payor information both manually and electronically.
7. May conduct patient/visitor transactions such as cashiering, customer service, front desk, etc.
8. Acts on knowledge of HCMC practices, procedures, policies and job tasks to complete most
assignments under direct supervision.
9. Other duties as assigned, after trained.
1 year clerical experience in health care or medical insurance
Environment, preferably in a revenue cycle operations: billing/claims,
patient accounting, collections, admissions, registration, etc.
An approved equivalent combination of education and experience
Keyboarding or typing skills
Previous experience using computer systems
Knowledge of patient billing claims process
Proficient with Microsoft Office