Hennepin County Medical Center
1. Provides direct patient care to an assigned patient population.
2. Works collaboratively and in consultation with the medical staff as indicated by the patient health status and medical condition.
3. Appropriately refers patients to other health care providers or agencies.
4. Obtains patient and family health history.
5. Performs a physical examination appropriate to patient age and history.
6. Assesses patient health status and creates a plan of care in collaboration with the patient.
7. Reassesses and modifies the plan of care as needed to achieve medical and health promotion goals.
8. Provides patient and family education appropriate to the patient and family needs.
9. Proves appropriate screening and education for primary prevention of disease.
10. Provides appropriate screening, management and education for secondary and tertiary disease prevention and management.
11. Orders, conducts and interprets diagnostic tests.
12. Orders, prescribes, administers, and dispenses therapeutic devices or legend drugs.
13. Completes accurate and timely documentation of history, examination, assessment, plan of care and other observations as indicated.
14. Participates in performance improvement projects.
15. Contributes to ongoing medial and nursing staff education.
16. Initiates and participates in research projects.
17. Supports new and existing programs, which expand the organizations role in the community.
18. Serves as a clinical resource to hospital staff.
19. Assists in the development, implementation and evaluation of ongoing service programs that ensure quality nursing and patient care programs consistent with the hospitals mission.
20. Maintains current Registered Nurse licensure and appropriate Advanced Practice Nurse Certification.
21. Assesses the need for personal growth and development and take initiative in seeking opportunities to meet those needs.
Minimum Education/Work Experience
-- Master's, postgraduate, or doctoral degree as an Adult Psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner accredited by the Commission on Colegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC).
-- 1-2 years experience as Certified Nurse Specialist or Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
-- 2-3 years previous experience as a Psychiatric Nurse
--Possession of a valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by the State of Minnesota
Or an approved equivalent as provided under M.S. 148/284.
Positions at Hennepin County Medical Center are credentialed through the Office of the Medical Director in accordance with its policies.