Tri-County Health Care
The primary function of this position is to maintains and service utilities such as light, heat, air conditioning and power. Provides maintenance and engineering necessary for care of TCHC’s facilities. Performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain facility equipment in a safe productive manner.
• Maintains transmission of light, heat service utilities, and power sources to provide uninterrupted service.
• Assists the Facilities Manager in providing technical advice and assistance concerning improvements of hospital plant and grounds.
• Assures that safe work practices and facility safety procedures are being followed. Assures that the facility is in compliance with all appropriate governing agencies for health facilities.
• Maintains exterior surfaces; such as sidewalks, parking lots and all of TCHC’s grounds.
• Operates, monitors, maintains boilers, pumps and other boiler room equipment for production of steam, used for heat, hot water, and cooking.
• Operates, monitors, repairs all electrical systems and ancillary equipment, including refrigeration, air handling, motors and wiring for comfort under supervision of the electrician, food preservation and fire protection.
• Maintenance of buildings, grounds, and equipment including the functions of carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical work, air conditioning, gardening, furniture repair, plastering, masonry, welding and many others to keep up appearance and function of its useful life.
• May be assigned to miscellaneous functions such as plant planning and supervision of refuse collection and disposal, insect and rodent control, trucking and chauffeuring as needed for continued operations.
Regular business hours with rotating call schedule.
Education and Experience:
-One to three years building maintenance experience.
-Maintenance, installation and service experience on refrigeration equipment and of equipment in other health care facilities desired.
• Ability to provide prompt and reliable attendance
• Knowledge of preventative maintenance program
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
• Strong problem solving skills
• Proactive self-starter
• Knowledge of occupational hazards, standard safety practices, hazardous materials and OSHA standards
Maintain a departmental call schedule that may include nights, holidays, and weekends
Tri-County Health Care
415 Jefferson Street North • Wadena, MN 56482
D: 218-631-7585 • firstname.lastname@example.org
40 hours per week
Regular business hours with rotating call schedule