Rice Memorial Hospital
Casual (As Needed) Rotating Shift Weekend Obligation
JOB SUMMARY: The RMH Willmar Ambulance Paramedic shall function as a member of the medical care team in providing patient care and a safe transport environment in an ambulance and the emergency department of Rice Hospital. All employees are team members and share the responsibility for the delivery of highly competent, advanced life support emergency medical care and treatment to all individuals. The paramedic also delivers emergency and health care education to hospital staff, First Responders and other groups when requested by Emergency Services director or Ambulance Manager. All staff will be expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS OF WORK (Minimum qualifications necessary to function at full productivity).
A. EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Current Minnesota State EMT-P certification and National Registry certification.
3. Must possess and maintain a valid state drivers license (minimum equivalent to a Minnesota Class C drivers license.)
4. Drivers motor vehicle record must meet requirements set forth in Personnel Policy Handbook.
5. American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support
6. American Heart Pediatric Advanced Life Support
1. Minimum of six months paramedic experience in an ALS service preferred.
2. BLS Instructor training preferred.
3. BTLS training preferred.
C. JOB KNOWLEDGE (Specific):
1. Working knowledge of Paramedic skills, ability to maintain an effective working relationship with patients, public, peers and supervisory personnel. Ability to communicate ideas, explanations, and recommendation clearly, both orally and in writing. Writing and spelling skills appropriate for completion of patient charts and other required forms. Computer data entry
CLICK THIS LINK FOR COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION
Casual (as needed)